What to Observe?
The Sadiri Lodge area, because of its the location at an altitude of 900 m is a foothill forest in the middle of the Amazon with a pleasant climate, abundant rain, a diversity of birds with over 400 species; among which you can find the Military-Macaw (Ara militaris), nine species of owls, tanagers, etc.., mammals, insects, reptiles, arachnids, amphibians and the endemic Yungas Tyrannulet (Phyllomyias weedeni). The area, by protecting approximately 34,000 ha, has become the hope to help improve the living conditions and maintain the conservationist culture of its people.
Bird list. The rhythm of nature
Main activities during your stay in Sadiri Lodge:
- 25 km of hiking trails specially designed for birdwatchers, with over 400 species and wondrous landscapes surrounding the Sadiri Lodge area.
- Hikes to the salitrales for mammal watching in Kullpana.
- Insects, arachnids, reptiles, amphibians and a variety of butterflies that adorn the Sadiri forest area for you to admire and observe.
- Moth watching along the trails leading to the cabins.
- Night hikes for nocturnal wildlife watching.
- The chance to discover the nine owl species living in the Sadiri area.
- Walks along the ecological trails that the Indigenous Community of San José have chosen for the sole purpose of exploration, the same trails that were used by ancient cultures for the exchange of goods between the highlands and the lowlands, an important part of what makes up our history now.
- Enjoy the sweet sound of the crystal clear water springs you’ll be able to find along the ecological trail.
- Enjoy a dip in the cool waters of the Wabudajajaida or Paltuyuj creek.
- Learn about the Uchupiamonas culture and the use of natural resources for the making of indigenous tools.
- Learn about improvisation and the use of vines or other natural resources for survival in the forest.
- Knowledge in healing methods in case of accidents without access to inmediate medical care for you learn about.
- Learn from the forest, trees and their uses as medicinal plants and herbs.
- Enjoy the view of the Indigenous Community of San José de Uchupiamonas‘ Territory, from the lookout points in the „Sambu“ trail and from the natural lookout point „Pishaki“.
- Hear stories about the Wabudajajaida hill.
- Enjoy moments of complete relaxation in the dining platform.
- Any activity related to life in nature.